Following the August 20 release of fall athletic activity guidelines from Governor DeWine, Groveport Madison Schools is pleased to announce the resumption of fall sports for the 2020 season. The safety of our students, staff, and spectators remain our top priority. As a result, we want to share the following information:
- Will continue to follow the prescribed public health guidelines, including:
- Conduct a health assessment prior to participation in any event or activity. If the participant shows any signs of COVID-19, they must report the concern to their coach/supervisor and leave school property.
- Masks will be worn at all times when not involved in play or practice on the field/court.
- Continue to practice social distancing when not involved in play or practice on the field/court.
- Occupancy of the venue cannot exceed 15% of total occupancy.
- To fulfill the Governor and Ohio Department of Health's updated guidelines, only family members of the event's participants will be permitted to attend games. (Participants are defined as the players, cheerleaders, color guard, and pep band members who are attending the event).
- Each participants' family may purchase up to three tickets per event.
- In the case of Freshmen volleyball, we will only be able to issue two tickets per family due to seating limitations.
- Families should be seated together and there must be at least six feet of distance between family groups or non-related individuals.
- All spectators must be seated. Standing along the fence will not be permitted at any time.
- A minimum of six feet social distancing must be maintained when in any lines (concession stand, restrooms, entry gate, etc.)
- ALL SPECTATORS MUST WEAR A PROTECTIVE MASK AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON SCHOOL DISTRICT PROPERTY. Anyone refusing to comply with this directive will be asked to leave the event. The District reserves the right to deny a ticket/entry to anyone refusing to wear a protective mask.
- No passes will be permitted, including those for:
- Groveport Madison Schools Staff
- OCC complimentary
- Golden Cruiser Club members.
- The District is in the process of implementing an electronic ticketing system for all high school athletic events. Once I place, this will require that tickets may only be purchased in advance of the event. No tickets will be sold at the gate.
- Varsity game tickets - $7 ea.
- Freshmen and Junior Varsity tickets - $5 ea.
- No student tickets will be available.
- Entry into facilities
- The football/soccer field will open 60 minutes before the start of any games.
- Gymnasiums will open 30 minutes before the start of any games.
- Please follow signage or other directives regarding the flow of pedestrian traffic at events.
- For contact tracing purposes, gymnasiums must be cleared of all participants between volleyball games.
Questions & Concerns
Please feel free to contact the high school's Athletics Office at [email protected],
or the District's Communications Office at [email protected]
with any questions or concerns.