All middle school football practices take place at Middle School Central, 751 Main Street, in Groveport.
Be where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to be doing when you are supposed to be doing it.
- 8th graders must have passed four (4) classes in the final nine weeks of their seventh (7th) grade year.
- 7th graders – all first-year 7th graders are eligible.
REQUIRED TO PRACTICE OR PLAY
- Physical – Students must have a current physical on file with the Middle School athletic director. The athlete must have an OHSSA physical form signed by a doctor. A physical is good for one calendar year. Well-check visits do not count as a physical exam, and they will not be accepted.
- Emergency Medical Authorization (EMA) - The athlete must have a current EMA on file with the middle school athletic department as well as with the student's school of attendance.
- Mandatory Code-of-Conduct – Students and a parent/legal guardian must attend the annual Code-of-Conduct meeting.
BEING A PART OF THE TEAM
- Being on the team DOES NOT GUARANTEE your playing time.
- Behavior – As a Groveport Madison Schools athlete, you no longer simply represent yourself; you represent your teammates, the coaches, our middle schools, and the school district. Student behavior must be above normal expectations.
- Groveport Madison Schools has a random drug testing program for all extracurricular participants in grades 7-12. Parents will receive a consent form at the team meeting.
Each discipline issue will be handled by the coach on an individual basis.
Education is a right; playing football is a privilege. If students cannot handle themselves in the classroom behaviorally and academically, then they are not permitted to play football on our team.
A NOTE TO PARENTS
- Parents, if you have a concern or question, set an appointment with the coach. Please do not approach the coach during or after a game.
- Please become active in the booster club.
- We are looking for someone to volunteer as a "Team Parent" for each team.
- We also need parents to volunteer to work the concession stand.
TRANSPORTATION AND ON-TIME EXPECTATIONS
Students need to have an on-time ride after practices and games. (Students are responsible for having a ride on time daily). Please check the calendar for practice ending times.
- Mouthpiece – It must have a color, preferably black or red. The mouthpiece must be attached to the helmet's face mask, or the student will not be allowed to practice or play in a game. Mouthpieces with detachable strings are terrible.
- Cleats – The student is not permitted to wear metal baseball spikes instead of football cleats.
- Black belt
- Girdle - A five- or seven-piece girdle (a five-piece girdle will have a butt pad, two hip pads, and two thigh pads. A seven-piece girdle also has the above items as well as knee pads).
- Socks – The only acceptable sock colors are black, red, or white. Socks must match for all games.