Why Workforce Development at Cruiser Academy?
The components of Workforce Development are:
- Expose students to a broad range of careers and career related activities in a consistent manner (work-readiness)
- Empower students to make informed choices about careers prior to selecting secondary options
- Prepare students for success beyond High School
How is Workforce Development implemented?
- Support from school staff and curriculum
- Partnerships with local businesses and organizations
- Vital component of Cruiser Academy and culture
- Interest inventory, assessment of skills, abilities, talents and aptitude.
- Career research, exploration and planning.
- Career assemblies and job fairs with experts, professionals, company representatives, temporary agencies.
- Work-readiness: interview
Phases of Workforce Development
Phase 1 - Assessment (career/skills and research exploration)
Phase 2 - Skills (app/resume, mock interviews/dress/grooming)
Phase 3 - Mentoring (shadowing, internship, volunteering)
Phase 4 - Interaction (on-the-job visitation, evaluation)