We want to make you aware of changes at home high school athletic events we feel we must make at this time. Throughout the football season, we have experienced many issues involving our middle school students being unsupervised and unruly/disruptive at our high school athletic events. This is both a safety concern for the students themselves, but also for the many other guests attending our games - guests who are there to have a nice evening and to support our students.
We’ve had problems with unsupervised middle schoolers fighting, throwing plastic bottles full of fluid onto other guests, and causing other disruptions that make it difficult for other guests to enjoy the events.
Because safety at our athletic events is our highest priority, we are implementing the following rules for all middle school students who wish to attend a high school athletic event:
- The student must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
- The student must remain with their parent or guardian while seated in the bleachers.
- The student must be accompanied by the parent or guardian to the concession stand and/or to the restroom.
- No students will be allowed to freely congregate at the concession stand or under the bleachers. Everyone will be expected to sit in the bleachers and enjoy the game.
- Should a group of students gather in areas without a parent or guardian present, the students will be removed from the stadium.
- Parents and guardians will not be permitted to enter with kids from other households.
- No refunds will be issued for anyone who is asked to leave or has been removed from the event.
These new rules will be effective Friday, October 15th.