As you know, on Monday, March 22, the majority of our students (those who are in the blended learning model) will return to in-person classes four-days-per-week. We will remain on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday schedule through the end of April, and on May 3, we will return to five-day-per-week classes through the end of the school year.
SCHEDULE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
- Monday, March 22 - Students in the blended learning model (Group A and B) will begin in-person classes four-days-per week
- Thursday, April 1 - Schools dismiss two-hours early for Spring Break
- Friday, April 2 thru 11 - Spring Break
- Monday, April 12 - Classes resume on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday schedule
- Monday, May 3 - Classes return to five-day-per-week schedule
- Monday, May 31 - Memorial Day (no school)
- Thursday, June 3 - Last day of school
NOTE: Students taking classes through Cruiser Digital Academy (CDA) will continue in the 100% remote online learning model through the end of the school year. Students will follow the District's published calendar for spring break, the Memorial Day holiday, and the last day of school.
Students Taking In-person Classes:
- Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to all students.
- On Wednesdays, students may get Grab & Go meals at the locations noted below.
Cruiser Digital Academy Students:
- Free Grab & Go-style breakfasts and lunches will be available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- Asbury Elementary School - 5127 Harbor Blvd., Cols.
- Glendening Elementary School - 4200 Glendening Dr., Groveport
- Middle School Central - 751 Main St., Groveport
- Middle School North - 5474 Sedalia Dr., Cols.
- Independence Park - 3065 Dewbourne Dr, Reynoldsburg
Grab & Go meals also are available to all children 18 and younger on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. at Groveport Madison H.S., 4475 S. Hamilton Rd.
NOTE: Grab & Go meal service will not be provided during Spring Break (April 2 through April 11).
With more than one-third of our students taking classes through Cruiser Digital Academy, several bus routes have been updated. We strongly encourage you to check your child’s bus route this evening or tomorrow
using our VersaTrans eLink app
, located on our website's bus routes page
. Should you have any concerns, please contact Petermann Transportation at 614-836-4962.
STATE TESTING SCHEDULES
All students must take state-required assessments, which will be administered throughout March and April.
- In-person Elementary & Middle School: Students will take their assessments following their four-day-per-week schedule.
- CDA Elementary & Middle School: Students will take their assessments on identified Wednesdays (when the remaining students are taking their classes remotely).
- High School: Students (in-person and CDA) will take their assessments during identified late-start days. Students will be individually notified of their scheduled testing day(s) and report time(s).
It is very important that parents/guardians closely monitor your email for newsletters and other updates from your child’s school regarding the testing schedules.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS REMAIN IN PLACE
I want to remind you that students and staff must wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines while on school property. We also will be promoting frequent handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer – and we will continue to be vigilant in the cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces.
With spring break and outdoor sports and activities just around the corner, it's tempting to relax a bit and possibly forgo some of the precautions known to prevent the spread of COVID. I ask each of you to continue to do everything you can to keep yourself and others safe. Wear a mask, socially-distance – and get the vaccine when it's available to you. We CAN beat COVID-19, but only if we remain determined and focused on doing so.
As always, I want to thank you for your support of Groveport Madison Schools and for your partnership in your child’s education. Should you have questions, please check with your child's principal or email us at [email protected]