Groveport Madison Schools Families,
We are excited to have your support at our upcoming winter athletic events! To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, we will be implementing the same safety procedures and guidelines that we followed during our fall athletic season. Please take a moment to review the following information before attending the event:
All attendees of athletic events at GMHS must enter through the Evolv weapons detection system upon entry to the gymnasium. Anyone who causes an alert upon entry is subject to a full search. Safety personnel will be stationed strategically throughout the venue to monitor entrances, exits, and crowd behavior, ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for all.
No Bag Policy
- Bags or purses larger than 5" x 8" x 1" ARE NOT PERMITTED in the gymnasium. Wallets and wristlets no larger than 5" x 8" x 1" are permitted. You will be searched if you set off the alarm on the Evolv weapons detection system.
Student/Family Attendance Policy
- We will ask high school students to provide a student ID to enter the game. Non-students will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Young adults who can provide an ID and indicate who they are attending to see may enter the game. Any student/child that appears to be in middle school or younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and that person is responsible for that child.
- Once in the gymnasium, all spectators must remain in the bleachers unless using the restroom or getting items from the concession stand. All students younger than middle school must have a parent accompany them to the concession stands or the restroom.
- There will be no admittance or purchase of tickets after the end of the 2nd Quarter. Special circumstances will be considered; please see a GMHS Administrator at the gate.
- We will not tolerate horseplay, insubordination, and disrespect. Anyone partaking in these acts will be given one warning. If anyone partaking in the acts continues after the first warning, the guest will be asked to leave the stadium.
Student Dress Code
- Students should follow the dress code stated in the Groveport Madison Schools Student Handbook.
- Ski masks or decorative masks will not be allowed. If you choose to wear a mask, it must be a medical-grade mask.
Tickets and Entry
- Arriving early will help facilitate a smooth and safe entry process for visitors.
- We encourage using digital tickets; however, there will be an option to purchase tickets with cash at the door. Purchase tickets on our website here: https://www.gocruisers.org/PurchaseTickets.aspx.
- There will be no re-entry during the same game/event. Refunds will not be issued to anyone asked to leave or remove from an event.
Exiting the Gymnasium
- We ask for your patience and cooperation as we facilitate an organized exit after the game. Please follow the instructions of the building staff for a safe departure.
- The curfew for minors in the City of Groveport is 11 p.m. After 11 p.m., unattended juveniles will not be permitted to loiter on or around school property for any reason. If they are found without a responsible parent or guardian, they will be arrested and taken into police custody.
If you have any questions or concerns during the event, please seek assistance from our event staff or security personnel.
We look forward to sharing an exciting winter athletic season with you while prioritizing the safety of our community. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Superintendent Jamie Grube