Ensuring the safety of our students, staff, community, and guests attending extra-curricular and athletic events is one of our top priorities. As discussed at our August 24 safety update to the Board of Education, the following safety measures will be taken at upcoming varsity football games:
- Guests should remain seated in the bleachers for the entirety of the game unless using the restroom or briefly getting a snack from the concession stand.
- There will be zero tolerance for students loitering around the concession stand or on school property. Those violating this safety measure will be escorted from the property or arrested for trespassing.
- Students will not be permitted to bring backpacks or other bags into the stadium. Parents and guests may bring purses or diaper bags, but all bags are subject to search or inspection.Entry into the stadium will be prohibited after the second quarter of play
- (immediately before halftime).
- No re-entry into the stadium will be permitted. If you leave the stadium, you must immediately leave the school district property.
- Students misbehaving at Groveport Madison athletic events may be suspended from attending all future games or events and may face other student disciplinary consequences as outlined in the student handbook.
- A parent/guardian must accompany all elementary and middle school students entering a high school athletic venue.
- The parent/guardian is not permitted to accompany students other than those for which they are legally responsible.
- Once in the stadium, elementary and middle school students are expected to remain in the bleachers with their parent/guardian.
- Elementary and middle school students must be accompanied by their parent/guardian when going to the concession stand or the
- No refunds will be issued to anyone asked to leave or removed from an event.
We encourage spectators to arrive early to the stadium for parking priorities. The gates will open at 6:00 p.m., and the kickoff for varsity football games is 7:00 p.m.
Thank you for supporting our Cruiser athletes, band members, cheerleaders, and school community. Have a great year, and Go Cruisers!