We know many of you have been anxious to get information about our plans for students to return to a more traditional in-person schedule for the remainder of the school year.
For those of you who have been following updates from the governor and monitoring COVID-19 cases in Franklin County, you’re aware of the consistent decline in the number of new COVID-19 cases and infection positivity rates being reported. With that information, the dramatic decline of new COVID-19 cases among our students and staff, and the results of our recent surveys (in which 83% of parents responding indicated they “were comfortable” with their child returning to in-person classes), we believe it is time we begin the transition of our blended learning model students back to a traditional in-person class schedule.
Because we are still required to conduct state testing – and the stringent protocols associated with administering the assessments – we have decided to begin a four-day-per-week in-person class schedule from Monday, March 22 through Friday, April 30. Once testing is complete, we will return to a five-day-per-week schedule from May 3 through June 3.
March 22 – April 30 Schedule
- Students attending in-person classes will receive live (synchronous) instruction on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Students in Cruiser Digital Academy (CDA) will receive live, online instruction on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Wednesdays schedules will include:
- State testing (schedule attached).
- Online lessons (asynchronous instruction) will be provided by your child’s teacher (similar to what we’re doing now).
- Staff professional development activities will occur when there is no testing taking place
May 3 – June 3 Schedule
- Except for CDA students, all Group A and Group B students will return to a five-day-per-week schedule. All classes will be held in-person.
Requests for Students to Change Learning Models
- CDA students will not be permitted to change back to in-person classes for the remainder of the school year.
- Between March 10 and 15, students currently in the A or B blended learning groups can request to move to Cruiser Digital Academy (100% online classes). We will do our best to accommodate requests, subject to space availability. Requests should be made to your child’s principal by March 15.
Health and Safety Practices
- All students (K-12) and staff must wear a mask while on school property (and on a school bus). Though not required, we also encourage Pre-K students to wear masks as well.
- Students and staff need to do their best to maintain six-feet social distancing. Under FCPH guidelines, three-feet social distancing is permitted (it’s also recognized there may be times when students are closer than three feet to one another, such as when on a school bus).
- Please refer to the Responsible Restart Parent Guide (https://www.gocruisers.org/ResponsibleRestart2020.aspx) for detailed information about our health and safety protocols and classroom/online expectations.
- Daily attendance is not only essential to student learning; it's required by state law. Any student who does not log in nor attend in-person classes is subject to having truancy charges filed against them.
March 15 – Last day to request a move to Cruiser Digital Academy.
March 22 – April 30
- Group A and Group B blended learning classes conclude – Students resume in-person classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- CDA students remain in 100% remote learning mode.
May 3 – June 3
• Group A and Group B students resume classes five-days-per-week.
• CDA students remain in 100% remote learning mode.
June 3 – Last day of school.
Our staff is excited to welcome your child back to school and get back to a somewhat regular schedule. While we would have preferred to resume five-day-per-week in-person classes on March 22, it was just not possible to do so without extending testing dates late into the school year.
Thank you for your continued support of Groveport Madison Schools. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact your child’s principal or email us at [email protected]