Making sure your child gets a good tasting, nutritional lunch during the summer months is easier than you might think. The Ohio Department of Education is sponsoring the Summer Food Service Program, providing children with free, healthy meals during the summer break.
From 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., daily, meals will be served from Monday, June 17 through Friday, August 9 (service not available on July 4). Locations in our area include:
• Asbury ES – 5127 Harbor Blvd, Columbus
• Degenhart Park – 300 Lambert St., Groveport
• Madison ES – 4600 Madison School Dr., Columbus
• Middle School Central – 751 Main Street, Groveport
• Middle School North – 5474 Sedalia Dr., Columbus
The Summer Food Service Program ensures children ages 18 and under continue to receive nutritious meals during the summer when they do not have access to school breakfasts or lunches. Children with disabilities and approved individualized education programs may participate through age 21. Participation is simple, and no sign up is required. Funding for the program is provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.