To see our students understand the importance of life-long learning.
To Produce Educated, Independent, and Productive Citizens of the World.
In 2017, Cruiser Academy was converted from an open enrollment public charter school to an alternative high school serving only students from Groveport Madison High School (GMHS).
Students are accepted by referral from a GMHS school counselor. Students typically have the following needs:
Graduation & Diploma
- Students in grades 9-12, and at least one grade level behind.
- Students who have an interest in completing high school early by completing self-paced courses and passing all state-required end of course exams.
- Students in grades 9-12 who desire a smaller environment with more one-on-one help and a flexible schedule.
Cruiser Academy is an alternative high school pathway associated with Groveport Madison High School. Our graduates earn a diploma from Groveport Madison High School.
William C. Young, Jr. is the Principal of Cruiser Academy. Mr. Young holds the following distinctions:
Extra Curricular Activities
- Mr. Young has 29 years of experience as a school administrator, with 16 of those years in Groveport Madison Schools.
- Directed Middle School South, seeing the school's achievement increase from "Academic Watch" to an "Excellent" rating on the 2010 State of Ohio Report Card.
- Directed Cruiser Academy from a school rated as "Academic Watch" to an OAPCS (Ohio Alliance of Public Charter Schools) "Honorable Mention for Effectiveness" during the 2012-2013 & 2013-2014 school years.
Since students are enrolled in Groveport Madison High School, they have access to the same extra curricular activities and clubs that are available to other GMHS students.
Non-Athletic Activities (Band, Choir, After-School Clubs, Etc.) - Any eligible student may participate in extra-curricular activities at GMHS.
Athletic Activities (varsity or club) - To be eligible for sports, the student must meet same the academic, attendance, and behavioral requirements of any other athlete as determined by the policies of Groveport Madison Schools and the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) and the High School's Athletic Director.